Clients often ask me what they should do if they get into a car accident. Chris Kenney is
extremely knowledgeable about insurance coverage, personal injury protection benefits, and coverage for underinsured and uninsured motorists.
• First call the police.
• Seek medical attention as soon as possible, even if you believe you were not injured. Do
not worry about your medical insurance coverage at this stage. You are probably covered
under your car insurance. The important thing is to protect yourself.
• Make sure you get all information about the other driver, including license number and
insurance company information. Don’t forget to get a name, address and phone number.
• Take your own pictures of the vehicles, the road and any damaged property. You do not
need to wait until you have a camera if you have a camera in your cell phone or I phone.
• Get the names and addresses of any witnesses or other passengers in the vehicles
• Keep your own timeline or diary about the accident and its effect on your life. Be sure to list all visits to the doctor, days when you were unable to go to work, and events that you couldn’t attend because of your injuries.
• Do not speak with the other driver’s insurance company or adjuster. Do not give your
own insurance company any details about the accident, except when and where it
occurred, until you talk with me.
• Do not accept a settlement offer from the other insurance company without consulting
• Sign nothing until you speak with me.
If you follow these steps after an accident, you are putting yourself in a strong position to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries, lost wages and property damage.
To learn more about what you should do after a car accident call Chris Kenney